[SNEC] REGISTER NOW! The 6th Biennial Design Science Symposium

Wed May 22 14:14:36 EDT 2019

REGISTRATION NOW OPEN

The Edna W. Lawrence Nature Lab at RISD, Fleet Library at RISD,
and Synergetics Collaborative are pleased to announce the 6th
Biennial Design Science Symposium: Inclusive Narratives from Nature
(http://designscience.risd.edu), an event exploring multiple approaches to
sustainable/nature-inspired making, community development, and other work
that facilities a holistic relationship with nature and natural systems.

This upcoming meeting will showcase how, through multiple cultural lenses,
the design science framework can address the complex, real world problems
we face today.  It aims to incorporate various cultural perspectives,
knowledge systems, ways of relating to nature and creative problem
solving.

The symposium themes include:
  Ways of Knowing,
  Current and Future Communities,
  Rebuilding Solidarity in Nature,
  Equitable Technology, and
  Narratives—Valuing Cultural Inclusion

Join us on Sept 20-22, 2019 for an event that will share and challenge
what we know and question our preconceived notions of what human-nature
relationships, sustainability, and innovation look like.

Register at http://designscience.risd.edu/register2019/

Download Poster:
http://synergeticscollaborative.org/poster.risd.2019.jpg

--
"The subjective and objective always and only coexist and therewith
demonstrate the inherent plurality of unity: inseparable union."