[SNEC] News in the World of Synergetics

Thu Dec 20 17:43:59 EST 2018

I have received several requests for information about the next Design
Science Symposium. I did see a note from Peter Dean suggesting that there
are plans for a 2019 event, but he didn't respond to two followups looking
for more information. When the plans crystalize, we will know more.

In the meantime, I am grateful for all the Synergetics related news that
has come in from you all. I thought I'd clear my inbox of the items I've
received (I hope I didn't miss anyone).

1. Linda Booth Sweeney has written a couple of articles on systems
   thinking which is one of the key themes in Synergetics:
   http://lindaboothsweeney.net/SOW17_chap12_systems-thinking.pdf
   https://medium.com/@lbooothsweeney/how-childrens-stories-can-save-the-world-or-at-least-understand-it-c1ce976247fc

2. Although I have not yet seen Patricia Ravasio's book
   "The Girl from Spaceship Earth" published last January,
   I have seen positive reviews of it from Kirby Urner
   (http://controlroom.blogspot.com/2018/09/close-encounters.html) and
   David Koski (https://www.facebook.com/dbkoski/posts/10212507243547129).
   You can find out more about the book with a web search or the book's
   home page at https://www.facebook.com/thegirlfromspaceshipearth/ .

3. The 2019 Conference of the International Symmetry Association will
   be on 24-28 July in Karlsruhe, Germany. See
   http://festival.symmetry.hu for more information. To submit
   a proposal for a paper or to organize a workshop, see
   http://festival.symmetry.hu/submissions/call-for-submissions/ .

4. David McConville with the Buckminster Fuller Institute (http://BFI.org)
   let me know about Steven Kaufman's recent paper "The Geometric
   Structure of the More Fundamental Reality that Underlies Physical
   Reality". The abstract and a PDF download are available at
   https://www.neuroquantology.com/index.php/journal/article/view/1534

5. Foerd Ames reports on some updates to his mapping project of World
   HVDC grids and renewable ocean energy:
   http://www.owec.com/OWEBmapREFINED.html
   http://www.owec.com/oweb-dymaxion-map.html
   This page explains his history of interest in Bucky:
   http://www.owec.com/OWEBBUCKY.html

6. Kirby Urner continues his efforts to explain the Synergetics' Cosmic
   Hierarchy. Witness:
   https://medium.com/@kirbyurner/the-rise-of-the-z-axis-178bb5a6249e
   This one talks about Brain and Mind which is also a theme in
   Synergetics:
   https://medium.com/@kirbyurner/of-mind-and-brain-7b15ee64d4a6

The Synergetics Collaborative (SNEC) is a 501(c)(3) educational and
scientific non-profit organization. To make a tax deductible contribution,
please mail a check to
   Synergetics Collaborative
   240 Copley Road
   Upper Darby, PA 19082-4016

--
The most important fact about Spaceship Earth:
an instruction manual didn't come with it.