[SNEC] News from Participants of Synergetics Collaborative events

Wed Jun 13 17:48:16 EDT 2018

I received a lot of correspondence after my last update.

The most frequently asked question was about our next Symposium. We have
not yet selected a date, so it will not be this year.

Here are some highlights from the notes you all have sent:

1. Kirby Urner has a great survey essay about Synergetics: "A Roadmap for
   Synergetics" at
   https://medium.com/@kirbyurner/a-roadmap-for-synergetics-5fcce944fdbf

2. Kirby has also organized a presentation on the concept of Dimension in
   Synergetics:
   https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1kuexCXe1UCsiO9yH_zp2zbAxXJP_fKclqUsp5EZVBPU

3. Haresh Lalvani, who received a Cosmic Fishing Award at the 2016
   Design Science Symposium at RISD, surveys his work in this lecture at
   the 2016 Symmetry Festival: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EtIPMGkQOF8

4. Edward Suzuki, who presented at the 2011 Design Science Symposium, has
   published the English edition of his "GOoD Design Philosophy":
   https://www.amazon.com/GOoD-DESIGN-Philosophy-EDWARD-SUZUKI-ebook/dp/B077ZDZ5VR/

5. Another presenter at the 2011 Symposium published the book "On What Is:
   A Freedom Enchantment in 23 Acts" under a nom de plume:
   https://www.amazon.com/What-Freedom-Enchantment-23-Acts/dp/1561845426/

   I'll let you guess which of our videos features that author:
   https://www.youtube.com/user/SynergeticsCollab/videos

6. Victor Acevedo, who many of you know as the videographer at many of our
   events, has an Indie GoGo Campaign to publish a book on his artwork:
   https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/acevedo-in-context-the-book-books

7. There have been 24 comments on my essay "The Objective, The Subjective,
   and The Nature of Design Science". You can read the essay and the
   comments at
   http://blog.cjfearnley.com/2018/03/14/the-objective-the-subjective-and-the-nature-of-design-science

Keep sending me your news.

Keep working on Synergetics! And Comprehensive Ancipatory Design Science!

--
The most important fact about Spaceship Earth:
an instruction manual didn't come with it.