[SNEC] Thinking about subjectivity, objectivity & Design Science

Thu Mar 15 14:17:22 EDT 2018

I have received a number of inquiries about the next Design Science
Symposium.

Peter Dean of RISD also recently contacted me about working toward
the next Symposium.

I hope and believe that the organizing team will make it happen, but we
do not yet have a date.

For those of you who need an outlet for your Design Science thinking,
I just wrote an essay entitled "The Objective, The Subjective, and The
Nature of Design Science". You can read it at
http://blog.cjfearnley.com/2018/03/14/the-objective-the-subjective-and-the-nature-of-design-science

There has already been an interesting comment from Cherie Clark. I will
be formulating a response to her comment soon. I'd love to read your
thoughts too. If you post publically on the Syntropy blog, we can all
have a little on-line discussion exploring some intricacies in philosophy,
science, the arts, and the magic that links them all: Design Science.

In this way, perhaps, we can explore a bit about Design Science while
waiting with baited breath for our next Symposium.

--
The most important fact about Spaceship Earth:
an instruction manual didn't come with it.