[SNEC] Fuller in Phila & Design Science Symposia

Tue Sep 17 15:59:46 EDT 2013

Please remember to save the dates from Fri 31 Jan - Sun 2 Feb
2014 for our 4th Biennial Design Science Symposium at RISD
with the theme "STEM to STEAM thru Synergy: Bridging
Morphology, Biomimicry, Sustainability, and Synergetics":
http://synergeticscollaborative.org/snec.announce.meeting.2014.01.html

The Fuller in Phila Symposium at Drexel's ExCITe Center
(http://drexel.edu/excite/), re-animates the ideas of pioneering inventor,
designer and global thinker R. Buckminster Fuller. As World Fellow in
Residence here (1972-1983), Bucky advanced his life's work in architecture
and sustainable design, including his books Synergetics 1&2 and Critical
Path, which envisions designs to survive planetary disasters. With keynote
speakers Jenny Sabin and Eva Diaz, plus a hands-on design workshop,
we explore the significance of Fuller's thought today.

When: 14 Oct 2013 from 4-8 PM.
ExCITe Center, Drexel University
3401 Market Street
Philadelphia, PA 19104

This information was gathered from the DesignPhiladelphia Events page
http://events.designphiladelphia.org/

The Synergetics Collaborative (SNEC) is a 501(c)(3) educational
and scientific non-profit organization. To make a tax deductible
contribution, please mail a check to
   Synergetics Collaborative
   240 Copley Road
   Upper Darby, PA 19082-4016

--
The most important fact about Spaceship Earth:
an instruction manual didn't come with it.