[SNEC] Tickets for RBF Play; Dymaxion Car #4; Lalvani in NYC

Tue Dec 21 11:44:12 EST 2010

It is now possible to order tickets for "R. Buckminster Fuller: THE
HISTORY (and Mystery) OF THE UNIVERSE" in Cambridge, MA.  Performances
start on Jan 14th and run through Feb 5th. During previews (1/14 - 1/18)
all tickets are $35 (for A and B sections). After previews tickets are
from $25 - $65 (the $25 tickets are for the last two rows in the theater).

You can take advantage of a special offer to see the Saturday,
January 22nd 2:00pm or the Sunday, January 23rd 7:30pm performance
by using the Promotional Code THIRTYVERTI for $35 tickets (Normally
$50-$65) for those two specific performances. This discount can not
be combined with any other offers such as Student, $25 advance or
Senior Discount and are subject to availability.

Tickets are on a first come, first served basis, so please order your
tickets for the play now.

Tickets can be purchased online at www.AmericanRepertoryTheater.org,
by phone at 617.547.8300, or in person at the A.R.T. Box Office,
64 Brattle Street, Cambridge, MA 02138.

Please register for the event on-line at
http://synergeticscollaborative.org/registration.01.2011.html

Jan 22 Special Exhibit
====== ======= =======
After the Saturday, January 22nd 2:00pm performance, the Synergetics
Collaborative, Foundation for New Directions (FND), Museum of
Mathematics (MoMath), and American Repertory Theater (A.R.T.) will
present an exhibit featuring a special geometry activity led by
George Hart of MoMath.  Synergetics Collaborative, MoMath and FND
will have people on hand to discuss, explain, demonstrate and engage
participants with the displays. Some displays will be hands-on.

Jan 23 Discussion/Seminar
====== ==================
On Sunday, 23 January from 10am to 4pm, the Foundation for New Directions
(FND) will host a discussion seminar on "Building on Marvin Solit's Work".
We plan to break in time so that interested participants can go to
the theater to see the Dymaxion Car #4 presentation (see next item).
Please either bring a potluck or pre-register and bring $15 so we can
provide enough food for lunch and snacks.

Jan 23 Special Presentation
====== ======= ============
After the Sunday, January 23rd 2pm and 7:30pm performances, the
Synergetics Collaborative and American Repertory Theater (A.R.T.) will
present a special presentation by Thomas T. K. Zung on Lord Norman
Foster's Dymaxion Car #4.  Thomas T. K. Zung was Buckminster Fuller's
long-time architectural partner, editor of the book Buckminster Fuller:
Anthology for a New Millenium, and a Distiguished Fellow to the Stanford
University Libraries.

Anyone with a ticket stub for a performance of the A.R.T. production of
R. Buckminster Fuller: THE HISTORY (and Mystery) OF THE UNIVERSE will
be able to attend the special events at the A.R.T. by presenting their
ticket stub to gain access.  The special events are scheduled for 4:30pm
after a matinee performance and 10pm after the evening performance.

Please register for the event on-line at
http://synergeticscollaborative.org/registration.01.2011.html

More details are on the event web page at
http://synergeticscollaborative.org/snec.announce.meeting.2011.01.html

2Point5D+ is a show by Haresh Lalvani at the de Castellane Gallery,
525 Atlantic Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11217.  It runs through 14 February
2011.  Gallery hours are Wednesday-Friday, Noon-7pm; Saturday-Sunday,
Noon-8pm; Mon/Tue: closed.  More information about the exhibit is at
http://www.corecuration.com/?p=93
http://www.decastellanegallery.com/

You can watch a clip from Haresh Lalvani's presentation on
"Mapping the Morphoverse" from our 2005 Symposium on YouTube
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEEy4pECu9k

The Synergetics Collaborative is an educational and scientific 501(c)(3)
non-profit.  Our web site is at http://SynergeticsCollaborative.org
and we've posted more than a dozen videos on our YouTube channel at
http://www.youtube.com/SynergeticsCollab .

To help us build our educational and scientific mission and prepare more
videos and events, please make a tax deductible contribution by mailing
a check for $25, $50 or $100 to
    Synergetics Collaborative
    240 Copley Road
    Upper Darby, PA 19082-4016

--
How wonderful that no one need wait a single moment to improve the world.
--- Anne Frank