[SNEC] Save The Dates: 10-13 November 2011: 3rd Design Science Symposium

Thu Nov 11 10:04:54 EST 2010

Please save the dates 10-13 November 2011 for the

                2011 Biennial Design Science Symposium at RISD

The Synergetics Collaborative and The Edna Lawrence Nature Lab at Rhode
Island School of Design (RISD) are organizing a symposium on

                 Nature, Geometry, and the Symmetry of Space:
                  Tetrahedron Discovers Itself and Universe

in Providence, RI on 10-13 Nov 2011.  We are again planning to have an
art show in the Waterman Gallery (the opening for the art show will be
on Thursday 10 November 2011).  More details to follow.

The home page for the 2011 Biennial Design Science Symposium at RISD is
http://SynergeticsCollaborative.org/snec.announce.meeting.2011.11.html

The Biennial Design Science Symposia at RISD
  The Synergetics Collaborative and The Edna Lawrence Nature Lab at
  Rhode Island School of Design (RISD) have organized Biennial Design
  Science Symposia at RISD since 2007. These symposia explore the
  field of Design Science and provide an interactive meeting of makers,
  thinkers, practitioners and educators. We strive to keep the work of
  R. Buckminster Fuller current, relevant, and applied. Fuller's design
  approach as "comprehensive anticipatory design science" combines an
  emphasis on individual initiative and integrity with whole systems
  thinking, scientific rigor and faithful reliance on nature's underlying
  principles. The first event in 2007 was on the theme of "Synergetics
  and Morphology: Explorations into the Shapes of Nature". In 2009 the
  theme was "Design Science: Nature's Problem Solving Method". This
  year the tradition continues with an event focusing on the theme of
  "Nature, Geometry, and the Symmetry of Space".

Remember to save the dates 10-13 November 2011 to attend the Symposium!

If you haven't watched all 14 of our videos on YouTube, check them out at
http://www.youtube.com/SynergeticsCollab

Finally, some of you might be interested in a blog I started writing that
talks about Bucky and Synergetics:  http://blog.CJFearnley.com/

--
How wonderful that no one need wait a single moment to improve the world.
--- Anne Frank