[SNEC] RISD 2009 Notes; Skyrise for Harlem; Ron Resch (1939-2009)

Wed Dec 9 21:26:07 EST 2009

Thank you to everyone who participated at the 2009 Symposium at RISD
on "Design Science".  I am collecting people's comments, thoughts,
observations, photos, and video, so please send me anything you have.
Here are a few public postings from the event:
  - John Maeda, RISD's President, posted this video from the reception:
    http://our.risd.edu/2009/11/16/something-beautiful
  - Kyna Leski, RISD faculty, posted this blog on Zann Gill's presentation:
    http://risdspeaks.posterous.com/zann-gill-shows-risd-its-role-is-key
  - Kirstin Ilse put some photos on Flickr:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/kirstinilse/sets/72157622798910726

Cheryl J. Fish documents June Jordan's role as Bucky's collaborator
in the "Skyrise for Harlem" project in this YouTube video
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sh19Zdl1jmk

In Memorium:  Ron Resch:  9.2.1939 - 11.19.2009
   Ron presented at a few of our events.  His "Paper & Stick Thing Film"
   is a classic in design education.  During Alba Corrado's presentation
   at the RISD event, Ron's work immediately came to mind as kindred
   in spirit.  He will be missed.
   http://www.ronresch.com

The Synergetics Collaborative is an educational and scientific 501(c)(3)
non-profit.  Our web site is at http://SynergeticsCollaborative.org
and we've posted more than a dozen videos on our YouTube channel at
http://www.youtube.com/SynergeticsCollab .

To help us build our educational and scientific mission and prepare more
videos and events, please make a tax deductible contribution by mailing
a check for $25, $50 or $100 to
    Synergetics Collaborative
    240 Copley Road
    Upper Darby, PA 19082-4016

--
There is only one revolution tolerable to all men, all societies, all
political systems:  revolution by design and invention.