[SNEC] July 11-12 Oswego Workshop; picnic in Troy, NY; and more

Tue Jun 9 23:00:34 EDT 2009

2009 Summer Workshop, July 11-12th, Oswego, NY
  The registration form to attend "A Synergetics Sampler", our 7th annual
  Summer Workshop, is on-line at
    http://synergeticscollaborative.org/workshop.registration.html

  Please refer people who might be interested in attending the Summer
  Workshop to the web site!  Thanks.

  Note:  This year we are looking for extra help on the video crew as our
  usual videographer cannot attend.  If you or someone you know can help
  with producing the video documentation for this year's Summer Workshop,
  please contact me.

2009 Symposium, Nov 14-15, Providence, RI
  The flyer for our major Symposium on "Design Science: Nature's Problem
  Solving Method" this November 14-15th at RISD is now available.
  Please print a copy and post it or give it to interested people:
    http://synergeticscollaborative.org/snec.2009.11.pdf

Picnic, June 21, Troy, NY
  Cherie Clark is hosting a picnic for the Synergetics Collaborative in
  Troy, NY on June 21st from 1 PM to 4 PM.  If it rains, we will take
  cover in Cherie's living room and kitchen which can accommodate more
  than 30 people.  There will be a grill available (rain or shine).
  Please bring picnic items:  beverages and whatever you want to eat.
  Contact me by e-mail for the address.

ISAMA 2009, June 22-25, Albany, NY
  I will be presenting on "Foldable Great Circle Geometries" at ISAMA
  2009 on Tue June 23rd at 11:30 AM in Albany, NY (just before Kenneth
  Snelson who I will finally get a chance to meet!).  More information on
  the event including a full schedule is available at
    http://www.isama.org/conf/isama09/

Buckminster Fuller:  Starting with the Universe, Now - July 5th,
Chicago, IL
  I recently returned from seeing the Buckminster Fuller exhibit at
  the Museum of Contemporary Arts (MCA) in Chicago.  I expecially liked
  that the Dymaxion Study Center is part of the exhibit.  That and the
  Chicago features in the exhibit made it especially valuable even if
  you saw the show at the Whitney last year.  More details are at
    http://www.mcachicago.org/exhibitions/exh_detail.php?id=202

George Mokray pointed out these interesting video resources:
  http://www.archive.org/details/Geometry_Study
  http://www.archive.org/details/Evolution_of_the_cube
  http://energyvision.blogspot.com

Those videos remind me of the playlist I put together on YouTube of
"Synergetics Shorts":
  http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=9BA8514D47350892

--
We are most probably here for local information-gathering and
local-Universe problem-solving in support of the integrity of