[SNEC] Other Events and "Mapping the Morphoverse" on YouTube

Wed Apr 29 17:09:53 EDT 2009

Thanks again to the great work of Eric and Victor Acevedo, our YouTube
channel (http://www.youtube.com/SynergeticsCollab) now has a clip from
Haresh Lalvani's talk "Mapping the Morphoverse" from our Symposium on
"Synergetics in the Arts" held at the Noguchi Museum in November 2005.
You can watch it here:
  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEEy4pECu9k

YouTube provides a means for you to comment on videos.  We'd love to
hear what you think!

In addition to the Synergetics Collaborative's
Symposium on "Design Science:  Nature's Problem Solving
Method" on Nov 14 & 15 2009 at RISD in Providence, RI
(http://synergeticscollaborative.org/pipermail/snec/2009/000126.html),
there are a number of upcoming events that you all might be interested in:
 - The BFI (Buckminster Fuller Institute) is organizing a series of events
   from June 5 - 7 in Chicago, IL:
   http://bfi.org/our_programs/events/save_the_date_buckminster_fuller_challenge_conferring_ceremony_on_june_6th_2009_at_mca_chicago
 - One of our members, Don Briddell, will be speaking at the Natural
   Philosophy Alliance's 19th Annual Conference held from May 25-29 2009
   in Storrs, CT:
   http://conference.worldnpa.org/
 - The fifth annual Design Science Lab is being held this summer, June
   22-29, 2009 at the UN in New York and Chestnut Hill College in
   Philadelphia, PA:
   http://designsciencelab.com/
 - The Synergetics Collaborative is planning a picnic on Sunday June 21st
   in Albany/Troy NY (contact me for details).
 - ISAMA 2009 (International Society of the Arts, Mathematics, and
   Architecture) will be 22-25 June in Albany, NY.
   http://www.isama.org/conf/isama09/
 - The Synergetics Collaborative is planning a Summer Workshop in Oswego in
   July (details will be announced when they are finalized).
 - Bridges: Mathematics, Music, Art, Architecture, Culture is organizing
   Bridges 2009 Banff from 26-30 July 2009 at The Banff Centre, Banff,
   Alberta, Canada.
   http://www.bridgesmathart.org/bridges-2009/
 - International Symmetry Association (ISA) is organizing Symmetry Festival
   2009 from July 31 - August 4, 2009 in Budapest, Hungary.
   http://conferences.hu/symmetry2009/

Most of these events are listed on our home page,
www.SynergeticsCollaborative.org: Go to the right hand side and look
for the section on "Related Conferences and Workshops".

Note:  I plan to attend the BFI events in Chicago, the picnic in upstate
NY, the ISAMA 2009 event, the Summer Workshop in Oswego, and of course,
our big Symposium at RISD in November.  I hope to see you at each of
those events!

--
There is only one revolution tolerable to all men, all societies, all
political systems:  revolution by design and invention.