[SNEC] Economic crisis, Ron Resch DVD, Computational Modeling

CJ Fearnley cjf at Synergeticists.org
Mon Dec 22 16:37:42 EST 2008

Like everyone else, I've been thinking through the most recent examples
of GRUNCH (GRoss UNiverse Cash Heist)[1] and the partial collapse of
our money-focused instead of "real wealth"[2] focused economic system.
I've been thinking about some of the ideas Bucky gave us to be effective
at times like this (all quotes are Bucky's):
 - "There is no energy crisis, food crisis or environmental crisis.
   There is only a crisis of ignorance."  What facts are most in need
   of broader disclosure?  How best can we disclose these critical facts?
 - "The things to do are:  the things that need doing:  that you see
   need to be done, and that no one else seems to see need to be done."
 - What "local-Universe problem-solving" do you see to do "in support
   of the integrity of eternally regenerative Universe"?
 - "Emergence through emergency":  now might be a propitious time to
   polish and present options for how to contribute to Humanity's real
   wealth assets to improve its cosmic accounting balance sheet.

This global crisis may just need the kind of bold, creative,
omni-responsible problem-solving and initiative-taking that Bucky's
Synergetics inspires us to adopt!  I look forward to hearing about
the initiatives and solutions you all are pursuing in support of our
"eternally regenerative Universe".  All hands on deck!

A Ron Resch DVD is now available.  Ron's inspiring "Paper & Stick
Film" as well as his "Ukrainian Easter Egg Structure Documentary"
and his animation "The Cube's Transformation" are now included on
one DVD (his web site, http://www.ronresch.com, has lots of photos of
his work including some from his meetings with Bucky in the 1960s):
http://www.ronresch.com/Members/ronresch/products/ron-resch-cd-domestic-shipping

Dr. J.F. (Jim) Nystrom is seeking submissions for papers on how
synergetic geometry can be used as a computational model for the
Cellular Automata Workshop he is co-chairing at WorldComp'09
(http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/worldcomp09/ws)
on 13-16 July 2009 in Las Vegas, Nevada, USA.  The event will
include a special topic area on "cellular automata models based
on geometrical forms."  See the following Workshop URL for more details:
http://www.world-academy-of-science.org/worldcomp09/ws/conferences/csc09/cellular-automata-theory-an
d-applications

One of our past participants, Dmitri Kozlov, reports that the May-Jun
issue (http://www.isama.org/hyperseeing/08/08-c.pdf) of Hyperseeing
(http://www.isama.org/hyperseeing/), a publication of ISAMA (The
International Society of the Arts, Mathematics, and Architecture)[3]
included a paper of his on topological knots.  Each issue of Hyperseeing
includes papers on Geometry, Architecture and the Arts.  The next ISAMA
conference[4] on Art and Mathematics, ISAMA 2009, is planned for 22-25
June in Albany, NY, USA.

Finally, I'd like to thank those who made a tax-deductible contribution
to the Synergetics Collaborative this year.  Others who want to support
our mission of building upon Buckminster Fuller's Synergetics can send
checks to
     Synergetics Collaborative 240 Copley Road Upper Darby, PA 19082-4016

Footnotes:
 1. Grunch of Giants:  http://bfi.org/?q=node/408
 2. Synergetics in section 1075.25
    http://www.rwgrayprojects.com/synergetics/s10/p7000.html#1075.25
 3. http://www.isama.org/
 4. http://www.isama.org/conf/

--
We are on a spaceship; a beautiful one.  It took billions of years to develop.
We're not going to get another.  Now, how do we make this spaceship work?

CJ Fearnley                   |  Executive Director
cjf at Synergeticists.org        |  Synergetics Collaborative
http://www.Synergeticists.org | "Dare to be Naive" -- Bucky Fuller