[SNEC] Words and What They Do To Us; Feb. 28th; Cambridge, MA

CJ Fearnley cjf at Synergeticists.org
Wed Feb 27 08:24:34 EST 2008

David Pap <david.pap at nemoves.com> of the Holistic Living Center and the
Foundation for New Directions which hosted the Synergetic Collaborative's
Seminar on "Synergetics 3" in November 2006 forwarded the following
announcement.  Buckminster Fuller often cited Alfred Korzybski the
founder of General Semantics as an influence on his work.  If you are
near Cambridge, MA, you might want to attend tomorrow evening.

Please join us for an evening of discussion on the subject of:

                  Words and What They Do to Us

On Thursday, Feb. 28, Jean Le Vaux, a member of the Holistic Living Center
(HLC) since 1966, will present an informal introduction to General Semantics
(GS). Jean studied and taught GS in Montreal, San Francisco, Boston and
Cambridge.  An integral part of the Non Directed Body Movement work at HLC,
Jean and the late Marvin Solit, founder of the Center, found it fundamental
to their healing-oriented workshops in Colorado and Montana. The format will
be interactive.

Where:  Holistic Living Center, 93 Belmont St, Cambridge

When:   6:30 - 9 pm. (Light refreshments at 6:30)

Directions: Mt. Auburn to Belmont St. Right on Belmont for 4 blocks.

RSVP:   Phone: 617 547-6621 or 617 460-0436

               Email: jeanlevaux at gmail.com
                      jean.levaux at nemoves.com

More about The Holistic Living Center and the Foundation for New Directions:

www.fnd.org

--
We are on a spaceship; a beautiful one.  It took billions of years to develop.
We're not going to get another.  Now, how do we make this spaceship work?

CJ Fearnley                   |  Executive Director
cjf at Synergeticists.org        |  Synergetics Collaborative
http://www.Synergeticists.org | "Dare to be Naive" -- Bucky Fuller