[SNEC] Bucky's Life And Work: Feb 28, 6 PM, Baton Rouge, LA

CJ Fearnley cjf at Synergeticists.org
Tue Feb 19 18:21:07 EST 2008

What:  Heritage Lecture:  Bucky's Life And Work: Lessons From A Loss
When:  Thursday, February 28, 2008 at 6 PM
Where: The Old Governor's Mansion, 502 North Boulevard, Baton Rouge, LA
Who:   Michael Desmond, Ph.D., architectural historian with the Louisiana
       State University (LSU) School of Architecture
Cost:  Free to Foundation for Historical Louisiana (FHL) members and
       $10 for non-members

Michael Desmond will share his insights on R. Buckminster Fuller and the
recently demolished Union Tank Car Dome in Baton Rouge.  This one hour
presentation, will be filled with the bright spots of Buckys life and
ideas, including an introduction to the specifics of geodesic geometry
as it applies to the Baton Rouge dome. We will also look at other such
structures in existence. As the now lost Union Tank Car dome was among
the worlds largest and most elegant, the lecture will invite a lively
discussion of this remarkable structure and the people that made it
possible.

Enjoy wines and cheeses compliments of Calanadros Select Cellars at this
event!

Call 387-2464 or go to www.fhl.org for more information on FHL
preservation activities.

Source: http://www.fhl.org/FHL/Home/CurrentEvent.shtm
Source: http://redstickmodern.com/2008/02/19/february-28th-heritage-lecture-and-celebration-of-the-union-tank-car-geodesic-dome/

--
We are on a spaceship; a beautiful one.  It took billions of years to develop.
We're not going to get another.  Now, how do we make this spaceship work?

CJ Fearnley                   |  Executive Director
cjf at Synergeticists.org        |  Synergetics Collaborative
http://www.Synergeticists.org | "Dare to be Naive" -- Bucky Fuller