[SNEC] Next Weekends Symposium; Buckminster Fuller in the News

CJ Fearnley cjf at CJFearnley.com
Sun Nov 13 21:28:29 EST 2005

Everyone who has paid should have received an e-ticket.  Let me know if there
are any oversights.

There are several seats left.  But if you or someone you know is planning
to register on-site, recognize that we may run out of seats (due to the
Fire Marshall's limit for the room's capacity).  To ensure you get a seat,
fill out the on-line registration form at
  http://synergeticists.org/registration.html

I updated the Buckminster Fuller In the News site with news items from May -
August.  One of the items discusses the work of one of the registered
attendees, David McConville.  Check out the News site:
  http://www.cjfearnley.com/buckminster.fuller.news.html

Here are blurbs of the new items:
  1. (31 August 2005; Blogcritics.org) Buckminster Fuller's Experiment: What
     CAN One Person Accomplish? Laura Young blogs about the "Guinea Pig B"
     experiment.
  2. (24 August 2005; PR Newswire) Josiah McElheny Sculpture Purchased By
     Tulsa Museum discusses Josiah McElheny's Landscape Model for Total Reflective
     Abstraction, (V) 2004 which was inspired by a conversation between Fuller and
     Noguchi.
  3. (18 August 2005; Asheville Citizen-Times) Digital artist builds on
     Buckys geodesic vision is an article about David McConville.
  4. (3 August 2005; Lansing State Journal) Thinker long had answers for
     world's pressing problems is an op-ed piece featuring Buckminster Fuller.
  5. (25 July 2005; Art Daily) Buckminster Fuller Photographs On View.
  6. (4 July 2005; Honolulu Star-Bulletin) Skygate sole sculpture by Noguchi
     in Hawaii mentions the Noguchi-Fuller connection.
  7. (19 June 2005; Fort Wayne Journal Gazette) For some Minnesota families,
     there's no place like dome.
  8. (31 May 2005; WorldChanging) Spaceship Earth, the Game a posting by Jon
     Lebkowsky discusses a massively multiplayer online game based on Fuller's
     thinking.
  9. (17 May 2005; Voice of America) WALKER Art Center Gets Makeover
     discusses The Critical Path, a 14-minute animated documentary about architect,
     inventor and visionary Buckminster Fuller was created by Benita Raphan.
 10. (23 April 2005; Minneapolis Star Tribune) AFTER tornado, there's no
     place like dome.
 11. (27 May 2005; Palo Alto Weekly) Dancing queen At 80, dancer Chloe Scott
      is still on her toes discusses Scott and her dance group Dymaxion.

--
It is not for me to change you.  The question is, how can I be of service
to you without diminishing your degrees of freedom?

CJ Fearnley                |  Explorer in Universe
cjf at CJFearnley.com         |  Design Science Revolutionary
http://www.CJFearnley.com  |  "Dare to be Naïve" -- Bucky Fuller