[SNEC] The voting results are in: Synergetics Collaborative is the winner

CJ Fearnley cjf@CJFearnley.com
Sat, 21 May 2005 09:58:05 -0400

We counted the 31 votes received in two ways:
  How many 1st choice votes    (9 for Synergetics Collaborative)
  How many votes of any stripe (13 for Synergetics Collaborative)

Other popular choices:
  Synergetic Network of Earth Collaborators (4 1st choice; 6 mentions)
  Synergetics Collective                    (3 1st choice; 7 mentions)
  Synergetics Association                   (2 1st choice; 9 mentions)
  Synergetics Connections                   (2 1st choice; 6 mentions)
  Synergetics Group                         (1 1st choice; 7 mentions)

Synergetics Collaborative won with either counting method.

So "Synergetics Collaborative" will be the name for the non-profit
organization.  We will gradually use the new name more and more on the
web site.  We will continue to use the names SNEC and Synergeticists,
but by degrees we plan to migrate to the new, community selected name.
We are still working on word-smithing the web site and other descriptions.

Suggestions as always are welcome.

The archive of all suggested names and comments is here
  http://SNEC.synergeticists.org/snec.re-naming.2005.comments.txt

--
It is not for me to change you.  The question is, how can I be of service
to you without diminishing your degrees of freedom?

CJ Fearnley                |  Explorer in Universe
cjf@CJFearnley.com         |  Design Science Revolutionary
http://www.CJFearnley.com  |  "Dare to be Na´ve" -- Bucky Fuller