[SNEC] Buckminster Fuller In The News

Chris Fearnley cjf@CJFearnley.com
Fri, 17 Dec 2004 23:12:07 -0500

I've updated the Buckminster Fuller In The News web page six times
since my last announcement.  Here again is the location of that web
page:
  http://www.cjfearnley.com/buckminster.fuller.news.html

News --- Updated 18 December 2004

   1. (18 Dec 2004; Independent, London, England, UK) Lord Foster, the
most successful architect in British history, was overwhelmed by the
worldview of Buckminster Fuller and his key buildings owe their design
ethos to Bucky
http://news.independent.co.uk/people/profiles/story.jsp?story=594293

News --- Updated 16 December 2004

   1. (27 Jul 2004; Japan For Sustainability, JP) Plantation Thinnings
Used to Construct Giant Dome
http://www.japanfs.org/db/database.cgi?cmd=dp&num=767&UserNum=&Pass=&AdminPass=&dp=data_e.html

News --- Updated 10 December 2004

   1. (10 Dec 2004; Guardian Unlimited Travel, UK) Simon Mills writes a
travelogue about Whitepod where you stay in a geodesic pod
http://travel.guardian.co.uk/countries/story/0,7451,1371179,00.html

News --- Updated 8 December 2004

   1. (7 Dec 2004; Conservatives.com, UK) Tim Yeo MP gives a speech that
quotes a whole paragraph from Buckminster Fuller
http://www.conservatives.com/tile.do?def=news.story.page&obj_id=117972&speeches=1

News --- Updated 7 December 2004

   1. (7 Dec 2004; The Globe and Mail, Toronto, ON, Canada) Broadcaster
Patrick Watson's autobiography discusses his friendship with Buckminster
Fuller and building his dome home
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/ArticleNews/TPStory/LAC/20041207/MAGIC07/TPEntertainment/TopStories

News --- Updated 6 December 2004

   1. (6 Dec 2004; Concord Monitor, Concord, NH) A review of the Henry
Ford Museum including the phrase "a particularly ingenious prefab house
designed by Buckminster Fuller"
http://www.concordmonitor.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20041205/REPOSITORY/412050336/1013/NEWS03
http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/travel/articles/1212detroit12.html

   2. (1 Dec 2004; The Scotsman, Edinburgh, Scotland, UK) An opinion
piece speculates on covering Scotland with a geodesic dome to improve
the weather
http://news.scotsman.com/opinion.cfm?id=1381982004

--
It is not for me to change you.  The question is, how can I be of service
to you without diminishing your degrees of freedom?

Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Explorer in Universe
cjf@CJFearnley.com               |  Design Science Revolutionary
http://www.CJFearnley.com        |  "Dare to be Na´ve" -- Bucky Fuller