[SNEC] Minutes of SNEC meeting of 21 Nov 2004
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 23:32:50 -0500
At the SNEC meeting of 21 November, Chris Fearnley, Jeannie Moberly, Joe
Clinton, John Kirk, and Roger Tobie were present. Don Briddell joined
by conference call.
The following decisions were made (feedback from others is welcome)
1. Create a new mailing list SNEC-planning@Synergeticists.org to
help organize the planning of SNEC events. Please go to
to subscribe (or contact me). This has already been implemented.
2. Hold a small half-day event on Don Briddell's Structors at the
artist's home during the weekend of 22/23 January.
3. Hold a short one-day Symposium sometime during the early spring on
the topic of "Synergetics and Art".
* Jeannie and Joe volunteered to find a venue (can anyone help?)
* A request for presentations needs to be pursued simultaneously
with securing the venue to organize the program in time.
4. The summer workshop at Oswego will be held July 23-24 on the theme
* A request for presentations needs to be prepared within a few
weeks. Chris volunteered to present a draft to the SNEC-planning
list within a few days.
5. We decided that the face-to-face element is central to the SNEC
idea. Although most present liked the idea of on-line collaborative
forums, we agreed to improve SNEC's web page to better link to such
resources (such as BFI's new initiatives) but to keep SNEC focused
on building a community interested in a broad interpretation of
"Synergetics" by face-to-face meetings.
It is not for me to change you. The question is, how can I be of service
to you without diminishing your degrees of freedom?
-- Buckminster Fuller
Christopher J. Fearnley | Explorer in Universe
cjf@CJFearnley.com | Design Science Revolutionary
http://www.CJFearnley.com | "Dare to be Na´ve" -- Bucky Fuller