[SNEC] Oscar speaks at the Whitney

Dick Fischbeck dickfischbeck@hotmail.com
Tue, 20 Jul 2004 20:48:02 +0000

Hi All

Oscar and I have built 3 randomes together. Thursday he is speaking at the
Whitney.

Peace
Dick

Whitney Museum of American Art
Thu July 22, 2004 7:00 pm to 8:00 pm
Initial Public Offerings (I.P.O.): New Artists, New Curators

Heather Felty Kouris and Oscar Tuazon

Heather Felty Kouris, special projects director at apexart, New York, and
artist Oscar Tuazon address the impact of city life on society as reflected
in their projects. Kouris is currently organizing Everyday Hellas, an
exhibition resulting from her 2002 Fulbright Research Fellowship in Greece.
Tuazon, a 2002 graduate of the Architecture and Urban Studies component of
the Whitney’s Independent Study Program, explores alternative modes of
living in his architectural and installation-based projects such as City
Without a Ghetto.

This series features salon-style dialogues between some of the most exciting
curators, artists, and writers working in New York today.

Admission: $5; members, senior citizens, and students with valid ID $3.
Advance sales are strongly recommended as seating is limited; admission
cannot be guaranteed without an advance purchase. Tickets are available at
the Museum Admissions Desk or 1 (877) WHITNEY.