[SNEC] Tensegrity Structures Workshop July 24-25 in Oswego, NY

Chris Fearnley cjf@CJFearnley.com
Thu, 10 Jun 2004 20:01:16 -0400

                   Synergeticists of the NorthEast Corridor
                                     And
                    SUNY Oswego, Department of Technology

                     Present a two day hands-on workshop
       * * *                          on                          * * *

                            Tensegrity Structures

When:
    Saturday 24 July 2004, 9AM - 9PM (Registration: 8 AM)
    Sunday   25 July 2004, 9AM - 5PM

Registration: http://snec.synergeticists.org/registration.html
    (Please register now so we can order sufficient supplies for
     model building).

Housing:
    Contact John Belt <belt@oswego.edu> to make housing
    arrangements. Available housing is limited, so make arrangements
    now. Oswego's Harborfest <http://www.oswegoharborfest.com> runs during
    the Workshop weekend, so housing may be challenging if arrangements
    are not made now but there will be fun for the whole family.

Where:
    SUNY Oswego
    Department of Technology, Design Studio
    Wilber Hall, Design Studio, Room 350

Travel Directions
    http://www.oswego.edu/welcome/directions.html

Exhibit Space
    Exhibit space will be available for showing artifacts. Space
    must be reserved by July 1. To make arrangements for space,
    send a request with the dimensions of your piece(s) to John Belt
    <belt@oswego.edu>. Please bring a card with a brief description of
    your work for display in the exhibit area.

Workshop Presentations
    Roger Tobie --- The Laws of Tensile-Integrity Form
    Marvin Solit and Stuart Quimby --- T Formation Post and Rail Method For
           Building Tensegrities
    Don Briddell --- Structor Geometry
    Jeannie Moberly --- Circus of ``Impossible'' Structures
           (Participants are welcome to bring failed or bizarre
            models of less than 3" for inclusion)
    Francois Gabriel --- Beyond the Cube, The Architecture of Space Frames and
           Polyhedra
    Joe Clinton
    Don Richter

Sponsors:
      http://www.oswego.edu/tech/

--
It is not for me to change you.  The question is, how can I be of service
to you without diminishing your degrees of freedom?

Christopher J. Fearnley          |  Explorer in Universe
Chris@CJFearnley.com             |  Design Science Revolutionary
http://www.CJFearnley.com        |  "Dare to be Na´ve" -- Bucky Fuller